Private clients, artists, art galleries, auction houses, collectors, authors, publishers and producers dealing with questions concerning art law find in our Firm a structured partner that can assist them in both contentious and non-contentious matters.
We regularly provide assistance and advice on national and international sales, purchases, loans, transport, licensing and insurance of artworks covering our clients’ needs, including expertise issues and liaison with the authorities e.g. Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Local Fine Arts Superintendancies.
We also have expertise in providing assistance on sector-specific contracts for the organization of events and exhibitions, including image rights, sponsorship and merchandising issues and inherent tax and regulatory analysis.
Our expertise in art law embraces:
- Relationships with organizations and institutions
- Relationships with gallery owners and collectors
- Contracts for the commission of artworks and art performances
- Contracts of association for the production of works
- Contracts for shows and exhibitions
- Loan agreements
- Donations,mecenatism and and pro-bono activities
- Art funds and art bonus
- Forgery, falsification and theft of artworks
- Relationships with publishers and curators
- Transfer of artworks, notified and unnotified, public law issues
- Assistance in national and international sales
- Assistance in purchases in Italy and abroad
- Relationships with auction houses
- Inheritance and estate issues
- Leasing and loans against pledge of artworks
- Notification of cultural assets
- Insurance issues