Consumer and Retail
Companies are continuously looking for innovative ways to market their products, which paves the way to an increase of their presence in all areas of the market, including the online channel.
Companies intending to structure their business in a way to build up solid relationships with customers and, at the same time, protect their brands, need to deal with the legal implications of consumer regulation and face the need for strict compliance with advertising and marketing legislation, product liability, data protection, labelling and product information, and in general legal compliance applicable for each different sector.
Our Consumer and Retail Team provides practical and commercial advice on consumer’ legislation in a broad range of areas and works with clients manufacturing and/or selling products in different industries, including: fashion and luxury goods, fitness, textile, watches and jewellery, health, chemical, writing and graphic instruments, medical devices, furniture and design goods, money transfer.
We have developed expertise in assisting clients, amongst other, in connection with:
- Drafting and reviewing purchase terms & conditions with respect to both physical and online sales
- Advising on legislation regulating advertising both for physical and online sales
- Reviewing issues of advertising campaigns
- Promotions and prize competitions and related regulatory features
- Advising on national and EU legislation on labelling and information requirements for certain types of products (chemicals, textiles, cosmetics, food, etc.)
- Drafting and reviewing data protection information and privacy policies legislation in the context of e-commerce and in generalised online services
- Advising and assisting (both in Italy and abroad) with respect to advertising concerning childrens’ products, etc.
- Assistance in connection with comparative and misleading advertising, unfair commercial terms, etc.
Being De Berti Jacchia a full service law firm, our approach is aimed at delivering to the Client a complete integrated service. This is possible since this area is used to working together with other departments of our firm, such as, for instance, the Intellectual Property (IP), Corporate & Commercial, IT&TMT, Real Estate, Competition, Tax and other Teams. This enables us to supply to the client a tailor-made, as well as seamless service.