Our Firm has a team of professionals with a consolidated experience that span over more than two decades in assisting companies based in Sweden having interests or business in Italy, and providing advice to Italian companies interested in expanding into Sweden, a nation that is generally seen as the gateway to the Nordic countries.
The Team advises corporate entities offering a wide range of services aimed at satisfying their needs by providing “ad hoc solutions” and advice.
The Team is traditionally engaged in cross-border projects and in particular:
- Provides legal support to Swedish companies on matters of Italian commercial law, including company law and connected tax aspects, company secretarial, and other legal and regulatory questions
- Assists in matters in relation to Corporate Governance: compliance, director responsibilities and shareholder relations
- Advises Swedish companies when establishing subsidiaries, branches or representative offices in Italy
- Advises on all aspects of M&A transactions, including post-closing formalities, acquisition of real property, setting up of cross-border joint ventures and partnerships
- Assists in all areas of commercial contracts including agency, distribution, franchising, e-commerce, licensing, rental
- Assists in all cross-border issues in relation to Labour Law and Social Security Law
- Offers a wide range of tax services, providing “ad hoc solutions” in planning for international investments, as well as special aspects connected to transfer of residence, succession and donation
- Advises Swedish companies and/or their Italian subsidiaries in disputes in Italy (preparation and representation before all courts, including the Supreme Court, arbitration tribunals). Enforcement proceedings
- Always constantly and timely updating the client and the client’s in-house counsels or their external attorneys, about the development each case.
The Swedish and Nordic clients supported by our Swedish Desk operate mainly in the following sectors: automotive, marine engines, earthmoving machinery, steel, mining, engineering and metal-cutting technology, electronics, food, medical devices, retail, consumer goods, hotel and tour operator businesses, telecommunications and infrastructure, banking and finance.
The Team is made of a number of lawyers and tax specialists having a wide expertise.
The Swedish Desk is coordinated by Partner Marco Frazzica who is fluent in Swedish, is the General Consul (Honorary) of Sweden and has been for many years a member of the Board and then Chairman of the Italian-Swedish Chamber of Commerce Assosvezia.
More in detail, in 2001 the Swedish Government, due to his knowledge of Italian-Swedish relations, appointed him General Consul (Honorary) of Sweden in Milan with jurisdiction over Lombardy and the Provinces of Alessandria, Novara and Verbano Cusio Ossola, a position that he still holds.
The entire Team speaks fluent English and, besides Marco Frazzica, comprises inter alia partners Gianni Forlani (a co-founder of the firm with a long standing experience in assisting major Swedish clients), Massimiliano Gazzo, Barbara Calza and Silvia Doria as well as a number of associates all of whom have specific experience working on Swedish-Italian deals.
Our Firm closely cooperates with the Swedish Trade & Investment Council as well as with Italian-Swedish Chamber of Commerce Assosvezia.
In cooperation with the Swedish Trade & Investment Council, the Swedish Team is often involved in seminars, taking place also in Sweden, about the legal and fiscal issues that Swedish businesses face when entering the Italian market.
Our Firm has consolidated relationships with a wide network of law firms in Sweden, whose expertise in the different sectors has been directly verified through years of actual working together, and with whom it cooperates in Sweden and the Nordic regions in general.
The Firm maintains a strictly non-exclusive approach with everybody, which enables it to pick each time the local professionals that are most suited for the specific task.