WHO WE ASSIST
Clients from a variety of sectors, including manufacturing, marketing, distribution and retailing of motor vehicles, luxury goods, engineering equipment, furniture and household products, retail chains; service providers, including online, in the telecommunications, travel, betting, defensive software, health and employment agencies, law enforcement and offensive/defensive security systems providers; other clients are active in the maritime sector and port terminal management.
WHAT WE DO
We regularly deal with:
- Drafting and updating of privacy policies and GDPR compliance procedures and organisational models incorporating Privacy by Design, assistance and support to Data Protection Officers (DPO); in general assistance in relation to the protection of personal data (including those belonging to special categories) in all business and commercial contexts, including contractual and internet, social media and call centres
- Collection of personal data by electronic means, Advanced Electronic Signature and Simple Electronic Signature
- Transfer outside the European Economic Area of personal data, drafting of data protection agreements, transfer impact assessments
- Reviewing and advising on cloud services agreements and related data protection and security issues
- Compliance of online and offline marketing activities and user profiling
- Outsourcing and data licensing
- Loyalty programmes
- Personal data issues in the context of human resources management (e.g. whistleblowing, video surveillance)
- Data security and cybersecurity issues, data breach response strategies
- Risk analysis, drafting of impact assessments, relations with the Data Protection Authority and management of responses to requests for information from the Authority and data subjects
- Preparation of contracts and software license agreements, to export controls of cryptography and "dual use" products.
Our experience in understanding and addressing the complex challenges posed by data protection and security legislation in different countries around the world, in the light of ever-evolving technology and legislation, is complemented by the experience of experts and specialists in relevant data protection subjects, such as IT and criminal lawyers. Among the former, we have excellent contacts with a highly specialized group of engineers who are experts in online security connected to the Milan Polytechnic.