At 12pm BST / 1pm CET on 24 June.
A panel of European legal experts will be looking at how technology has been used to help deliver justice across five major European jurisdictions during the Covid-19 pandemic, and what impact this may have on how justice is delivered across Europe in the long term.
Speakers from a number of leading European law firms, who will provide a perspective on their respective markets:
- Sebastian Schwarz of METIS from Germany
- Paloma Carrasco Garcia of B Cremades y Asociados from Spain
- Dr Nino Sievi of Lex Futura from Switzerland
- Chiara Caliandro of De Berti Jacchia Franchini Forlani from Italy
- Sam Roberts and Mike Cumming-Bruce of CYK will provide the view from the UK.
The webinar will include:
- A review of how the courts in each of these five jurisdictions has sought to deliver justice using technology during the pandemic;
- How the wider legal industry is using technology to serve its clients in new ways to respect the quarantine and social distancing; and
- A forward-looking assessment of what impact the disruption brought about by the pandemic is liable to have in terms of how law is practised in each of the relevant jurisdictions going forward, in particular focusing on the impact of technology.