Employment and Pensions
Employment focus, business insight
We do know how much human resources are a key asset of the business of our clients. Some of the professionals of our Employment Team worked as in-house counsels and are thoroughly familiar with corporate logics and issues . That is why we are business lawyers first focussing on the importance of HR assets.
We have been advising multinational groups operating in Italy as well as domestic large and medium companies belonging to a variety of industries, amongst which: air-conditioning, air transport, automotive, betting, beverage packaging, cereals, chemicals, components of marine engines, electronic and electromechanical components, energy, engineering for the oil and gas industry, fashion and luxury, furniture, garment retail, healthcare medical and dental supplies, inflight catering services, machine tools, micro-fibres, oenology, pharmaceuticals, pet care, polymers, publishing, semiconductors, silicon rubber, ventilation.
In many instances we have undertaken responsibility for large domestic and international projects entailing the need to mobilise human resources in the legal field for substantial periods of time.
We have full experience and expertise in advising our Clients on employment, labour and social security law issues of corporate operations and operations concerning their business, as well as on all legal aspects of the management of their human resources, whether of a domestic or an international nature, including:
- Arranging for, and carrying out legal due diligence work
- Dealing with employment, labour and social security law aspects of acquisitions, mergers and demergers of companies and businesses; arranging for, and carrying out consultation with Trade Unions with respect to transfers of undertakings
- Advising on hiring employees in Italy and on accomplishments and formalities connected therewith
- Drafting employment and self-employment contracts, confidentiality and non-compete covenants
- Drafting employment manuals and policies including policies on the use of information systems and technologies, internet and social media
- Negotiating and drafting collective agreements, implementing welfare plans
- Advising on tax and data protection law issues connected with the management of human resources
- Advising on safety at work issues
- Arranging for individual and collective terminations of employment
- Advising on corporate and business re-organisations, mass redundancies, activation of loss of employment shock absorbers and social relief, arranging for, and carrying out consultations and negotiations with Trade Unions
- Representing the Clients in mediations, arbitrations and employment, labour and social security disputes, whether of a collective or of an individual nature, up to the Supreme Courts.
Our Employment Team is coordinated and regularly collaborates with the other practices of the Firm, typically for due diligence assignments with the M&A and Corporate Team, as well as for general advice.
Having assisted companies belonging to a variety of industries, we have clearly in mind the mission and the peculiarity of each business.
Our next-generation associates contribute new energies which ideally integrate the skills and experience of the entire Team.
Academic, educational and training activities complete the background of the professionals of the Team and result in added valued, fast and effective services, including the training of officers, managers and employees involved in the management of the clients’ human resources.
WHAT DO OTHERS SAY ABOUT US
“De Berti Jacchia Franchini Forlani focuses on advising clients on individual and collective employment termination, labour litigation, industrial relations, business restructurings and due diligence. In recent highlights, practice head Guido Callegari advised Bob Martin on the closure of a factory and the collective dismissal of employees, and assisted Stanley International Betting with the negotiation of an employment contract with an Italian country manager”. Legal500
“De Berti Jacchia Franchini Forlani is recommended for its ‘appropriate advice and business acumen’. Guido Callegari is ‘professional, reliable and always available’”. Legal500
“De Berti Jacchia Franchini Forlani provides ‘a very high service level’ and has been busy with downsizing projects and contentious employment work. Guido Callegari is ‘experienced and witty’”. Legal500
“The quality is very high. Competence, ability to listen, courtesy, precise and detailed answers”. LegalCommunity
“The team stands out for its high level competence, its ability to deliver even in very short timeframes and its knowledge of foreign languages”. LegalCommunity