Energy and Environment
We provide a comprehensive range of legal services to domestic and foreign clients active in the energy and environment sectors.
The Team assists Italian and multinational companies in purchasing energy plants, environmental compliance, permits, authorizations, licensing requirements and waste management.
Our Team experience and expertise encompass:
- Renewable sources projects
- Incentivating tariffs
- Transactional, as well as pre-contentious and litigation assignments, including litigation before the Administrative Courts, and domestic and international arbitration
- Construction and building contracts and related IP and technology licensing
- Public procurement, public tenders and public works
- Soil contamination and environmental liabilities
- Environmental permits
- General and specific legislation on waste, including on packaging and recycling, waste from electrical and electronic equipment and end-of-life vehicles
- Recycling projects
- Large projects and infrastructures, and related special legislation
- Regulated energy sectors and markets (electricity, gas), dealing with regulators, central and local Agencies, tariff issues and features
- Related EU and competition law
- Dealing and working with external experts and economists
- Multi-jurisdictional projects, surveys and assignments, dealing with features of foreign law, liaising and working with counsels in other jurisdictions
Certain partners and attorneys of our Firm are authors of articles on energy law subjects and regular speakers at seminars and events.
We also gained experience in the monitoring of domestic and European legislative processes and developments in relation to new energies and public procurement legislation, in particular, through our office in Brussels.
Our Firm’s office in Moscow affords specific knowledge and experience of the Russian energy market and legal environment.
The Team has established a long term relationship with most of its clients in this area of practice. It combines regulatory skills and administrative litigation capabilities and relationships with the Authorities. We have therefore a 360° – wide approach to the cases we are entrusted with.