WHO WE ASSIST
We assist various parties involved in insolvency proceedings, mainly multinational groups belonging to a wide range of sectors including tourism and travel, aviation and onboard products and services, steel, construction, workwear fabrics, machine tools, water treatment, food, real estate, retail, betting and gaming.
WHAT WE DO
Restructuring and distressed investment.
- in all insolvency and in-court or out-of-court pre-insolvency proceedings
- to creditors and contractual counterparties affected by domestic and cross-border procedures, both with regard to the continuation/structuring of commercial agreements, and in all phases of ascertainment of liabilities/verification of credits, as well as in possible litigation
- to multinationals recovering debts from bankruptcy procedures.
Assistance to Italian and foreign groups that have invested in companies in distress or are involved in insolvency proceedings, advising on appropriate protection measures and liaising with the organs of the procedure.
Assistance, also through our network of foreign correspondents, to companies who are facing a crisis situation or subject to procedures for crisis recovery, also in handling litigation, winding up foreign subsidiaries, sale and recovery of assets, debts and shareholdings.
We have developed particular expertise by assisting:
- companies facing a crisis situation in the debt restructuring agreements with their financial creditors
- the creditors of the aviation industry, suppliers and partners of the main Italian airline company
- the counterparties of the main Italian steel manufacturing group in extraordinary administration, as well as
- the counterparties of a large Italian construction group in extraordinary administration
- a US leading supplier and solutions provider to the foodservice, in-store bakery and retail marketplaces, in buying the participation in a Brazilian producer of dairy and vegetable creams owned by a large Italian group in insolvency proceeding
- a UK creditor of a large Italian Special Administration procedure in obtaining a favourable award recognizing the validity of the arbitration clause entered into with the Special Administration Procedure
- the contractor of a large Italian engineering and construction company active in the infrastructure sector, which eventually entered into a preventive restructuring procedure, in dealing with the procedure and amending the existing agreements for the manufacturing of the largest optical telescope in the world
- a Polish public customer of a large Italian engineering and construction company active in the infrastructure sector, which eventually entered into a preventive restructuring procedure, in dealing with the procedure and amending the existing agreements for the construction of a metro line in Warsaw
- the investment vehicle of the United Arab Emirates in conducting a forensic investigation following the acquisition of Piaggio Aerospace
- a global integrator of security features on possible risks for the directors of the Italian subsidiaries in a crisis situation; assisting them in the crisis assessment and in the full reorganization of the management and governance system, including the revision of the companies’ by-laws
- one of the largest producers and distributors of semi-finished copper products in Italy in negotiating debt restructuring agreements with financial creditors and in the approval proceedings at the Court as well as in the subsequent sale of certain real estate assets
- one of the largest holding companies in the real estate and hotel industry in negotiating debt restructuring agreements with financial creditors and in the approval proceedings at the Court. The client was assisted also in the performance of the agreements, through the sale, in separate transactions, of the real estate assets and of the hotel business
- a listed company in the field of digital payments for banks in negotiating debt restructuring agreements with its financial creditors and in the approval proceedings at the Court; the agreement was executed through the intervention of an institutional investor by means of a reserved capital increase and with an exemption from the obligation of a mandatory public tender offer
- one of the largest holding companies in the financial sector in the debt restructuring agreements with the banks and, over the years, in their execution through the sale of its numerous majority and minority shareholdings, including in listed companies, as well as the shareholdings in banks and financial companies
- the financial creditors in the composition with creditors (concordato preventivo) of one of the largest operators in Tuscany in the real estate sector.
It is not easy for foreign parties and investors to understand the intricacies of the Italian bureaucratic and regulatory system. We have developed the ability to clarify its dynamics by working with the foreign counterparts of large groups involved in Italian insolvency proceedings.